lunedì 23 marzo 2009

MY REFLECTIVE BLOGGING POST

Hi!
This second semester I'm going to work hard in order to improve my English language skills: listening and writing skills, but above all, I would like to better develop my speaking skills, to enrich my vocabulary, to be able to use the appropriate term according to the context and to the topic.
One of the aims I would like to achieve is the acquiring of fluency and mastery in speaking language, and I know that I will have to strive and to apply myself constantly, during the lessons but also at home. I think that speaking and listening abilities are closely linked together, because the one affects and determines the other. Spoken production primarily depends on understanding, and so listening.
I decided to set a target I will try to meet every week (or month, if I have few time), such as for example: watching at least one film in English per week. I think it will be interesting to watch different genres, in order to concentrate on the different languages used, to focus on slangs or idiomatic expressions that are always difficult to understand if you don't know the context. Images and the plot itself help and speed up the understanding.
I'm sure that the activities done in class and the group works we are to do will help me to interact actively and thus practising my language skills.
Moreover, I will devote some time on the Internet and watch some videos using formal language, e.g. BBC and CNN news.
I promise I will apply myself to better my computer skills.. I'm really a disaster with computers.. so please, be patient=)
I really hope to manage to achieve my targets.. But, I know,if you do want something, you 'll have it and you'll be gratified.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento