lunedì 23 marzo 2009

FEED AGGREGATORS

Hi guys!
Since I've been down with flu this week, I couldn't attend the last lesson,in which you spoke about Feeds and Feed Aggregator.. Sincerely, I had no idea of what they are, and still have a vague idea of them.
I tried and searched on the Internet and I found out that: “a feed aggregator, also known as a feed reader, news reader or simply aggregator, is client software or a Web application which aggregates syndicated web content such as news headlines, blogs, podcasts, and blogs in a single location for easy viewing. Aggregators reduce the time and effort needed to regularly check websites for updates”( from Wikipedia).
I hope to make this concept clearer next Wednesday.
See you soon, Have a nice day!!

2 commenti:

  1. Hi Francesca,

    I hope you feel better now.
    I looked for the Wiki definition, too, just to have a 'scientific' description of the matter, as you can see in my post. However, things are easier than it seems, believe me!
    As far as the language used in your post is concerned, I think it is appropriate.

    By the way, compliments for your blog's layout.
    I hope to see you soon,
    Bye,

    Francesca M.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hi Francy,
    I appreciate your research in the Internet, in order to understand the work we did in class last week, while you have the temperature. As I explained you today, during our Lab lesson in via Venezia, up now, you can use "Bloglines", to check, if your peers (in this case Francesca and me) add new contents on their personal blogs.If you have a look on my personal blog, I decided to look for feeds, which are helpful for our English learning process. We are language students and in my view, we need to learn not only from literature books, but also reading newspapers articles about politics, science, economy. Have a look to the national geographic website, to the online German newspapers "Spiegel" and "F.A.Z.", to the "The Guardian" online Website, as they are some of the most realible sources I know, to learn constantly something useful.
    Take a good reading and learn with fun =)

    RispondiElimina